Whole channel is gold75916
How to hand express breast milk without using pump
Original was uploaded on 2022-04-20
1. Wash your hands. Your hands should be washed before you attempt to hand express breast milk
2. Put a cloth moistened with warm water over your breast for 2 minutes. This can help with the expression of milk.
3. Give your breasts a massage. If you want to prime your breasts for hand expression further, you can give your breasts a gentle massage using your hands or a soft towel
4. Sit up and lean forward. This position will make it easier for you to express your milk and to stay comfortable during the process. However, if you need to, you can still pump effectively if you’re standing up.
5. Position your fingers over the milk reservoirs on your breast. You should position your hands in a “C” above or below your nipple.
6. Apply pressure inward toward your chest wall. The pressure should be gentle and firm, but should not feel like you are squeezing the breast at all.
7. Express breast milk. Use a rolling motion away from your body with your thumb and fingers. Compress your breast with this rolling motion.
8. Collect the expressed breast milk in a container. If you’re expressing just to make your breasts feel more comfortable, you can express the milk into a towel or just express it over a sink. Here are some things that you can do if you do want to save the milk for later use:
Utilize milk bags to collect the expressed milk.
Express the milk directly into bottles for later use.
Use a funnel to direct the breast milk into your chosen container, if necessary.
Use a container with a wider mouth, such as a coffee cup or a small jar. Once the cup is filled, transfer the milk into a storage container.
9. Talk to a lactation consultant or doctor
Never hesitate to call your child’s pediatrician or a board-certified lactation consultant if you want help increasing your milk supply.
note: This video was made for educational purposes only for breastfeeding mothers, not intended for nudity or pornographic content.